Posts Tagged Eldridge Cleaver
A very smart fellow who goes by the web-name of PhilosoPoet (and does not write as much as he should) said something in response to a comment made on this blog that is, I think, down right profound.
The comment in question was made in reference to my previous post on the Arizona shooting. The commenter thought it was a bit of stretch to connect the actions of this violently deranged young man and the violent, revolutionary, political rhetoric spewing from the Tea Partiers and others on the extreme right. I just wish I’d thought of this.
Perhaps you might want to try a bit more coherence to your comment…
I for one would love to hear if you even have the ability to see that it is possible that there is a connection between Sarah Palin’s Bulls Eye Target Map, and this young mans despicable actions…as well as the other threats this congresswoman received on numerous occasions…
Fighting to preserve freedom is as American as apple pie, and right almost always, when it is done to safeguard the rights of all Americans.
Sarah, Glen, and Newt (how can you trust or take a guy named after a slimy lizard seriously) these guys are not fighting to protect all Americans – instead they seek to preserve a largely White Christian America, their strategies will wreck havoc in America…by increasing friction between the so called left and right.
Make no mistake there are morons on both sides of the political spectrum…best to let these sleeping dogs lay.
Try this flip test. If it were again 1968, and the Black Panthers had just published a Bulls Eye Target Map of politicians they did not like and talked about reloading, would you view this as a dangerous act of aggression on their part?
Of course you would…
Arizona shooting, Black Panthers, Eldridge Cleaver, Fox News, Gabriel Giffords, Glenn Beck, hypocrisy of the Right Wing, Jared Lee Loughner, Jared Loughner, militias, Pause before agreeing blog, Philosopoet, Right wing extremism, Sarah Palin, Sarah Palin and guns, Tea Party, Tuscon Shooting, violent poltical rhetoric
- "Some men look at constitutions with sanctimonious reverence, and deem them like the ark of the Covenant, too sacred to be touched. They ascribe to the men of the preceding age a wisdom more than human, and suppose what they did to be beyond amendment." -Thomas Jefferson
THE PEANUT GALLERY
- Postmodernism for Dummies (by a Postmodern Dummy)
- Why in the world would Mexicans dislike the United States?
- What If You WERE There When They Crucified Jesus?
- Voices of spiritual reason: 15 great non-religious quotations
- Evolving Christians: Is Darwin Really the Enemy of Faith?
- "And On the Eighth Day God Did....What?"
- Spare the Rod - You May as Well Make the Best of Things
- Who Are All These Damn People? (the Dangerous Doctrine of Hell)
- Umami Knows Best (More Food for Thought)
- Shoot the Messengers (Why Fire and Brimstone Preaching is Evil)
- “Where do we find a precept in the Bible for Creeds, Confessions, Doctrines and Oaths, and whole carloads of trumpery that we find religion encumbered with in these days?” -John Adams
June 2013 S M T W T F S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
- "You can’t just keep pulling bodies out of the river; you’ve got to send somebody upstream to see what or who is throwing them in." -Jim Wallis
- Hit the back button to move forward >> GSUMC youth Newbies getting the Project Transformation orientation. [Flickr]
- Prayers for Special Help >> Jun 19, Help me Over this Hurdle, Lord
- Prayers for Special Help >> Jun 19, Prayer for hope for help
- Prayers for Special Help >> Jun 19, Seeking Fiinamcial relief
- Prayers for Special Help >> Jun 19, Prayer for A Good Deal
- Prayers for Special Help >> Jun 19, Only need enough, Lord
- Prayers for Special Help >> Jun 19, I want to make it right
- Prayers for Special Help >> Jun 19, Prayer for Health and Wealth
- Prayers for Special Help >> Jun 19, Prayer for me, I am struggling
- Everyday Liturgy >> Justice Is a Bad Idea (Part II)
- "What does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." - Micah
- Bible biblical literalism Christianity Church Civil Rights Culture Current Events Emerging Church Ethics Evangelism Faith Food Fundamentalism God Gospel Heaven and Hell History Islam Jesus Justice Morality News and Current Events Purpose Religion Religious Right Religious Tolerance Sin Social and Politics Spirituality Theology
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.