Archive for January 24th, 2008
Jim talks about his new book and his opinion that people of faith are awaiting a spiritual awakening that will transcend politics.
You are currently browsing the archives for Thursday, January 24th, 2008
- "Some men look at constitutions with sanctimonious reverence, and deem them like the ark of the Covenant, too sacred to be touched. They ascribe to the men of the preceding age a wisdom more than human, and suppose what they did to be beyond amendment." -Thomas Jefferson
THE PEANUT GALLERY
- Postmodernism for Dummies (by a Postmodern Dummy)
- Evolving Christians: Is Darwin Really the Enemy of Faith?
- The Bible in Five Acts
- The Black Jesus
- Ghost Story
- Slain in the Spirit?
- Voices of spiritual reason: 15 great non-religious quotations
- What If You WERE There When They Crucified Jesus?
- "And On the Eighth Day God Did....What?"
- Shoot the Messengers (Why Fire and Brimstone Preaching is Evil)
- “Where do we find a precept in the Bible for Creeds, Confessions, Doctrines and Oaths, and whole carloads of trumpery that we find religion encumbered with in these days?” -John Adams
- "You can’t just keep pulling bodies out of the river; you’ve got to send somebody upstream to see what or who is throwing them in." -Jim Wallis
- Moral Science Club >> Bird's Nest, Unfinished Bridge
- Hit the back button to move forward >> putting Presley in charge. We call this youth leadership building, right? [Flickr]
- The Book - Biblical Outreach >> Readings: Psalm 9
- Hit the back button to move forward >> GSUMC Youth Mission Puerto Rico 2013 [Flickr]
- Hit the back button to move forward >> Netflix You Can Use: Mystery Men
- John Meunier's Blog >> Do it anyway
- Hit the back button to move forward >> GSUMC youth Newbies getting the Project Transformation orientation. [Flickr]
- Prayers for Special Help >> Jun 19, Help me Over this Hurdle, Lord
- Prayers for Special Help >> Jun 19, Prayer for hope for help
- Prayers for Special Help >> Jun 19, Seeking Fiinamcial relief
- "What does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." - Micah
- Bible biblical literalism Christianity Church Civil Rights Culture Current Events Emerging Church Ethics Evangelism Faith Food Fundamentalism God Gospel Heaven and Hell History Islam Jesus Justice Morality News and Current Events Purpose Religion Religious Right Religious Tolerance Sin Social and Politics Spirituality Theology
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.